Join this 4-week on-line workshop series – June 13, 20, 27, and July 11 from 6-7:00 p.m. (we will not meet the week of the 4th of July). The workshop is designed to guide you into better health through Intermittent Fasting and Food Exploration and is back by popular demand. All sessions will be live on-line. Each session will be recorded and made available the following day.
Cost is only $50 for the entire series. Learn about what is best for your body and how to incorporate easy strategies that will help you feel better, more aligned with the desired YOU, and as an added bonus, drop those pesky pounds that seem to stick around after the new year. This session will include tips on how to eat locally or regionally for optimal health and strategies for avoiding the traps of the Standard American Diet.
This session would not be complete without discussions on topics of acid reflux, elimination, energy, and sleep and the ways in which the foods we eat impact everything in our lives.
To get in on this workshop, you can complete the registration form below and use this easy PayPal link for payment. I’ll see you June 13!
Be a part of this peaceful, relaxing, and nourishing Northern Michigan Retreat experience ~ Aug 10/11/12. The location is Central Lake at Yoga North. Rooms are shared by two people. Each room includes two beds and a private bathroom. Retreat includes two nights lodging, 4 plant-based meals, plenty of yoga, and downtime for you to enjoy the local area. Enjoy SUP, hiking, yoga, and plant-based lifestyle workshops to learn more about the benefits of this lifestyle including hands-on cooking and demonstrations. All sessions are optional.
- We begin on Friday evening between 5 – 7:00 p.m. with a light plant-based meal and a quieting yin yoga practice.
- Saturday morning will include a yoga flow at dawn, hiking in the woods, and play followed by a plant-based lifestyle discussion and demonstration which will lead into a delicious plant-based brunch at 10:00.
- Saturday afternoon is free time for you to enjoy the area. You might choose to use one of the stand-up paddle boards, swim, hike, or just chill and reflect. A mid-day yoga flow will be offered that will add a little zip to your day.
- Saturday afternoon will also offer a discussion on self-care practices inspired by the principles of Yoga and Ayurveda. You’ll like this and won’t want to miss it.
- Saturday evening will include another light, delicious plant-based meal made from local ingredients from the farmers market. The rest of the evening is up to you, but you might consider joining the group for reflection, story-telling, and deep-listening followed by a restorative yoga practice.
- Sunday morning, you may choose to join in a morning yoga flow followed by brunch between 8-9:00 with the remaining time open. Check-out is noon.
- Early bird price is $250 until June 1. After June 1, $299. We have space for 20 and several spots are already reserved so don’t wait. Sign up below and click here to make your payment.
- For those who wish to arrive on Thursday evening or stay Sunday evening to extend your stay in beautiful Northern Michigan, your rooms will be available for the affordable price of $25 per night.
Have you ever needed a break? I mean REALLY needed a break? I have a solution. It’s called subtraction.
In Ayurveda, one of key prescriptions to a healthy life including a healthy clear and flowing mind comes from prana or breath. Prana coordinates our senses and mind, allowing us to become aware, flexible, adaptable, and growth-oriented. It is the subtle energy of data behind all mind-body functions and is the catalyst for manifestation and evolution.
My prescription for prana or life-force for you is this:
Think about where you are in life right now. What do you need to clear to make space for the good things? What can go? What can be subtracted from your life? Just a few simple questions to get you thinking.
Tomorrow I will send out the first Spring Detox email to get everyone prepared. If you are in the Healthy Habits course or if you’ve signed up on my website, you’re all set. But if you have not and if you want to learn more about how to subtract from your life, clear the path, and add more space for the good stuff of life, sign up here today.
We will meet via video conference April 8, 15, and 22. Week one we ease-in. Week two we dive deep. Week three we ease-out. And week four, April 29, we will gather at RedBloom Yoga and practice Kitchen Sadhana ~ a practice of preparing and batching your kitchen to better nourish you and your family. Make your kitchen your hub.
This is the good stuff of life. Make space. Subtract. Prana!
For the Health of It, Alison