You’ve read all the articles you could get your hands on about what to expect from a detox: You’re planning to lose those last few pesky pounds that have been hanging on for years. Your skin will radiate with new freshness from the amazing supplements you’ll get. And your system will be clear, open and ready to go for the long winter months.
Maybe, but read on……
A good detox is one that does not require you to spend money on or consume processed supplements, pills, face masks, or special creams. The best detox is a simple one. No fuss, no muss. It’s all about taking radical self-responsibility for YOU and doing a deep dive into your deepest desires and needs, removing gunk from your body and mind, and opening new spaces in your life – as well as dropping those pesky pounds.
The 3 things you’ll experience that you’ve never expected:
# 1 – Ah-ha’s! Yes, you’ll experience ah-ha’s. We will meet weekly as a detox tribe and make new connections and have a chance to learn from one another. The Merriam Webster Dictionary defines a tribe as group of persons having a common character, occupation, or interest. You’ll reach your goals by being part of a powerful tribe of like-minded people with the goal of cleansing and facing the coming holidays and winter months with a new awareness of the body and a spirit of confidence. Oh yeah, bring it on.
# 2 – You’ll rid your operating system of the gunk and sludge of life. Have you ever driven your car twelve thousand miles without an oil change? If so, you’ve either burned up all the oil in the system and fried your engine or both. Like changing your oil, Detox removes the thick stuff that sticks to your organs and clogs the flow of good stuff.
# 3 – You’ll discover a new sense of flow in the body – in with the good, out with the bad. In other words, you’ll enhance your operating system and experience the glories of a healthy, daily elimination. Yep, I’m talking about poop again.
I am excited to bring you Autumn Detox – For the Health of It. This 3-week workshop will be held on Zoom – an on-line video platform that you can easily access from the comfort of your home. The Autumn Detox will take place on Sunday evenings, Sept. 9, 16, and 23 at 6 p.m.
Experience big ah-ha’s, a cleaner engine, and the flow you need to be at your very best. Workshop cost is $49. Sign up below and make your payment by clicking here.
I look forward to seeing you on September 9!
Be a part of this peaceful, relaxing, and nourishing Northern Michigan Retreat experience ~ Aug 10/11/12. The location is Central Lake at Yoga North. Rooms are shared by two people. Each room includes two beds and a private bathroom. Retreat includes two nights lodging, 4 plant-based meals, plenty of yoga, and downtime for you to enjoy the local area. Enjoy SUP, hiking, yoga, and plant-based lifestyle workshops to learn more about the benefits of this lifestyle including hands-on cooking and demonstrations. All sessions are optional.
- We begin on Friday evening between 5 – 7:00 p.m. with a light plant-based meal and a quieting yin yoga practice.
- Saturday morning will include a yoga flow at dawn, hiking in the woods, and play followed by a plant-based lifestyle discussion and demonstration which will lead into a delicious plant-based brunch at 10:00.
- Saturday afternoon is free time for you to enjoy the area. You might choose to use one of the stand-up paddle boards, swim, hike, or just chill and reflect. A mid-day yoga flow will be offered that will add a little zip to your day.
- Saturday afternoon will also offer a discussion on self-care practices inspired by the principles of Yoga and Ayurveda. You’ll like this and won’t want to miss it.
- Saturday evening will include another light, delicious plant-based meal made from local ingredients from the farmers market. The rest of the evening is up to you, but you might consider joining the group for reflection, story-telling, and deep-listening followed by a restorative yoga practice.
- Sunday morning, you may choose to join in a morning yoga flow followed by brunch between 8-9:00 with the remaining time open. Check-out is noon.
- Early bird price is $250 until June 1. After June 1, $299. We have space for 20 and several spots are already reserved so don’t wait. Sign up below and click here to make your payment.
- For those who wish to arrive on Thursday evening or stay Sunday evening to extend your stay in beautiful Northern Michigan, your rooms will be available for the affordable price of $25 per night.
Have you ever needed a break? I mean REALLY needed a break? I have a solution. It’s called subtraction.
In Ayurveda, one of key prescriptions to a healthy life including a healthy clear and flowing mind comes from prana or breath. Prana coordinates our senses and mind, allowing us to become aware, flexible, adaptable, and growth-oriented. It is the subtle energy of data behind all mind-body functions and is the catalyst for manifestation and evolution.
My prescription for prana or life-force for you is this:
Think about where you are in life right now. What do you need to clear to make space for the good things? What can go? What can be subtracted from your life? Just a few simple questions to get you thinking.
Tomorrow I will send out the first Spring Detox email to get everyone prepared. If you are in the Healthy Habits course or if you’ve signed up on my website, you’re all set. But if you have not and if you want to learn more about how to subtract from your life, clear the path, and add more space for the good stuff of life, sign up here today.
We will meet via video conference April 8, 15, and 22. Week one we ease-in. Week two we dive deep. Week three we ease-out. And week four, April 29, we will gather at RedBloom Yoga and practice Kitchen Sadhana ~ a practice of preparing and batching your kitchen to better nourish you and your family. Make your kitchen your hub.
This is the good stuff of life. Make space. Subtract. Prana!
For the Health of It, Alison
Join the Spring 4-Week Workshop Coming up in April
You can join me in April and set your mind, body, and spirit right as you move from Spring to Summer in the Spring Detox. Take radical self-responsibility for your own body, mind, and spirit – become your own healer.
Did you know our habits are communal? You adopt the habits of the people you spend the most time with so choose to spend time with people who have a goal to cleanse, release, clear, and start fresh.
Your Wellness Evolution Begins March, 2018
What does it mean to be in control of your own health and wellness, to grow, and evolve?
For most of us, good health is our number one goal, yet that same goal may rank fairly low on the scale of what gets done each day and how you actually care for yourself. Do your daily habits support your wellness goals?
I know how to tap you into your body’s wellness potential quickly. I know how to easefully awaken you to better habits. And I want you to get those better habits easefully automated into your day to day life. That’s what my Healthy Habits 11-Week Journey is all about! Habit evolution and automation!
Here’s what will happen:
- You’ll learn how to nourish your body through the foods you prepare and eat. In other words, your palate will be smarter;
- You’ll strengthen your digestion;
- You’ll feel better in your body and achieve your optimal body weight;
- You’ll reduce fatigue, increase energy, and manage stress and anxiety with ease;
- You’ll establish a regular exercise practice;
- You’ll age more gracefully;
- You’ll cultivate healthy habits so they become automated for your future health.
This will all happen fast by making small, sustainable shifts in your habits. You are in charge of your own evolution, and along the way you’ll receive:
- Weekly group coaching and webinars, and access to a depth of materials and videos on habit change;
- Bi-weekly one-on-one laser coaching to problem solve pesky problems that arise;
- Complimentary pass to either Spring or Autumn Detox (4-week program);
- Private Facebook Forum for support and sharing ideas, recipes, challenges, opportunities;
- Body Thrive book and goodie bag;
- Complimentary pass to weekly yoga class.
I am a healthy lifestyle advocate and wellness coach and I want to help you be the best you can be through lifestyle change that includes learning, practicing, and implementing healthy self-care practices. The formula and principles are simple; the practice takes discipline; and the implementation and experience of a healthier life is just ahead.
If you’re ready to make an investment in health and wellness now and for your future, schedule a time to talk with me about my Healthy Habits 11-Week Pilot Program. I look forward to finding out where you want to go and help you get there. Sign up here for a conversation and to explore whether Healthy Habits is the right program for you: